Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Letters to my kids

  • Parents Explain Why They Vote In Letters To Their Kids (SLIDESHOW)

    Here are excerpts from ten responses -- "addressing kids little and big with views patriotic, poignant and political" -- which appear in full on Letters to My Kids. Click through the gallery to see their takes, and tell us in the comments: What would ...

    www.huffingtonpost.com

  • Letter to My Best Friend's Parents in Ohio: Here's What Romney Thinks of Your ...

    You'll decide who it is for you, but I feel compelled to ensure you know just what Mitt Romney believes and promises to do about gay people like me and your son, Z. For I fear that many people have the vague sense that Romney can't be that bad on gay ...

    www.huffingtonpost.com

  • An Open Letter to My Adopted Mom

    Contrast that with my biological uncle who hated me from birth, mostly because of his hatred of his sister, my biological mother.

    www.huffingtonpost.com

  • My Vote for Your Future: A Letter to Larkin

    Maybe when you become a grandmother, your perspective on a lot of things changes. But I can honestly say that my children were born at a time when elections certainly mattered, but I felt as though there were enough reasonable people in government ...

    www.huffingtonpost.com

  • Teresa Giudice addresses Melissa Gorga in letter to "My Darling BEAUTIFUL ...

    I'm not even talking about her ridiculous claim that she's leaving her "dream house" because she doesn't want her kids to go to school with my kids. Our kids are all in school now and they don't go to the same school already. She can stay in her dream ...

    starcasm.net

  • Answering the question 'why vote?'

    To prep my own answer, I found it helpful to peruse a group of letters collected by Bob Brody, the New Yorker behind "Letters to My Kids." (Scott Olson - GETTY IMAGES) He asked parents across the country to answer the question in a letter to their child.

    www.washingtonpost.com

  • How To Raise Word Geeks

    It was owned by my Great Aunt Mildred. The book is huge, with indents along the side for each letter of the alphabet.

    www.wired.com

  • A letter from my mom on marriage equality and her children

    Yesterday was National Coming Out Day and I wanted to share something a little more personal. While it's not about me, it is connected to my coming out. Since I came out seven years ago, my mom has been on a journey. Many in my family weren't surprised ...

    americablog.com

  • An open letter to my 11-year-old: About Malala and bullying

    At first, I wanted to show you that while you have subjects that you find "boring" and complain about going to school, some kids cannot go to school at all. I was ready to go into the standard spiel - one that I had also heard from my own parents ...

    www.rappler.com

  • Must-Read: Amazing Letters to Sandy Victims From Young Katrina Survivors ...

    Still haven't figured out how to talk to your kids about the Hurricane Sandy disaster? Some kids from New Orleans just made the conversation a whole lot easier.

    thestir.cafemom.com

  • An Open Letter To President Obama

    I also felt extremely aware that as a Caucasian woman having a son with a man of African American descent, my son would undoubtedly face issues in his life I would never fully understand ... deep breaths ... Truth be told, I was unprepared for the ...

    www.huffingtonpost.com

  • Open letter to Mr Price, principal of Bergvliet High School

    I think my letter to you might also cause quite a stir. Yet, I sincerely hope that it goes beyond causing a stir but leads to a national discussion about a very serious matter.

    www.news24.com

  • LETTER: Lyons on School Health Services

    As a parent, I consider my children's health and safety to be my priority. Many families like mine depend on school nurses and other health services to keep their kids safe and healthy while they're at school. I've had my kids in the Andover school ...

    northandover.patch.com

  • Letters to the Business section

    Your retired couple had an income of $153,000, the couple's income was $118,000, the single professional $126,000, and the Snellers were the nearest to a real Dallas situation.

    www.dallasnews.com

  • An Open Letter to Those Being Bullied, From the Set of an 'It Gets Better' Video

    My own story was about being a geeky overweight kid in junior high school who wore flamboyant, '60s-style clothing in a rural jeans-and-T-shirt town, a kid whose sexual orientation was called out when the word "faggot" was etched onto his locker for ...

    www.huffingtonpost.com

  • An open letter to writer's Hampton neighbors

    Tuesday we go to the polls, and I write this open letter to ask for the support of the voters of Hampton in my bid to be one of the town's state representatives.

    www.seacoastonline.com

  • Letters: Hurricane Sandy Edition

    I have spent 47 years going to Belmar, in summer and winter, and that place is mine, and went to the Asbury Park boardwalk as a child. I sobbed when I saw what became of it in the 1980s, and was thrilled to see ... The aerial photos of the Seaside ...

    blog.nj.com

  • A letter to the man called my father – Part 1

    I guess this letter would be classified as factual, however it is entirely based on my personal knowledge and experience of events, therefore it would be 100% factual from my perspective, but could be fictional to varying degrees based on false ...

    www.news24.com

  • An Open Letter to LGBT Romney Supporters

    I want to discuss a few issues to explain why I'm not, and why, even without knowing you, I believe it's against your and our country's interest for you to cast your vote for Romney. 1. Bullying and LGBT Youth ... Apparently, bullying LGBT kids is OK ...

    www.huffingtonpost.com

  • South Carolina Football: An Open Letter to Marcus Lattimore

    Ever since you were a Byrnes superstar, I have hoped that I'd get to see you in the Garnet and Black and follow you through your NFL superstardom. As I watched the horrifying injury, tears ... A leader that the kids can look up to. An idol that has no ...

    bleacherreport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment