Saturday, June 16, 2012

'How To Be A Dad'

  • Nervous about becoming a new father? Dont worry; these kids have you covered.
  • (Huffington Post)
  • This Fathers Day make dad something special - a boutonniere. Boutonnieres are not just for weddings. They are typically worn at formal events, but just like we might make mom a corsage for Mothers Day, dad is no different.
  • (Everything Alabama Blog)
  • I will forever associate my daughter Athenas third birthday party four years ago with the day we finally had to take the car keys away from Mom.
  • (Fresno Bee)
  • My friend Barry just lost a three-year battle with a rare form of lung cancer, the kind you can get even if you've never smoked. My grandmother used to say that every person's life is a novel waiting to be written.
  • (New York Times Blogs)
  • I grew up with a fat dad — 450 pounds at his heaviest. Every week he would rotate to a new fad diet, and my family ended up eating whatever freeze-dried, saccharin-loaded concoction he was trying at that moment.
  • (New York Times Blogs)
  • (CNN)-- Hi Daddy Uncle Ro Ro! When I first heard my twin nieces utter those words a few years back, I was stunned. I asked my wife, Where did that come from? Got me. They came up with that on their own, she said.
  • (CNN)
  • NEW YORK (WABC) -- Were at t-minus 2 to Fathers Day on Sunday. And if that comes as a surprise to you, dont worry! We have some great news on how to make your dad happy and save you some big time coin.
  • (Abc Local Web)
  • Its the second-most memorable line in Field of Dreams: Hey, Dad, you wanna have a catch? Kevin Costner is already an adult when he tosses a baseball to his ghostly father.
  • (YAHOO!)
  • The video is both charming and quirky. Los Angeles Dodgers manager Don Mattingly walks into a baseball stadium and notices a giant bear mascot wearing a San Francisco Giants cap.
  • (ESPN)
  • JONESBORO, Ark. (AP) — All at once, the thoughts overwhelmed Allen Muse. One after another, before he could finish exhaling and start another breath.
  • (Times Union)

No comments:

Post a Comment