Friday, February 24, 2012

Gluten-free baking

  • They were also slightly addictive. I hold myself to a high standard when baking, and baking gluten-free is no different. That banana bread disaster will live on in my mind as my lowest point.
  • (NPR News)
  • When a HomeGoods store went into The Forum here in Norcross I went in to take a look around and what impressed me the most was their selection of gluten-free baking mixes, cookies, crackers and sweets.
  • (Examiner)
  • As a result, she has worked hard to re-create her past baking successes in a gluten-free kitchen. Ive got the cookies and the quick breads and the brownies down, she said.
  • (Rapid City Journal)
  • Adhering to her pleasure principle, she became a self-taught gluten-free baker - such a good one that her cookbook, Blackbird Bakery GlutenFree caught my eye. The photos of her recipes would stand up in a chic Donna Hay food shot.
  • (The Vancouver Sun)
  • carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with a bit of butter.
  • (Sheknows.com)
  • The site features gluten-free recipes, secrets to baking success, and special tips that are especially useful for inexperienced cooks so they can make their favorite wheat-laden foods―such as pizza, bread, and pie crust―with gluten-free ingredients.
  • (PRWeb)
  • But as soon as they came out, they wilted into near puddles of cooked dough. To get the structure I needed, I turned to two ingredients popular in gluten-free baking - guar gum and xanthan gum.
  • (Times and Democrat)
  • Oh, I could go on – well for about 45 more products. Products like marinara sauce, and gluten free baking mixes.
  • (MLive.com)
  • Those interested in gluten-free products will be required to bring a signed letter from a doctor or dietitian and food will include pastas, baking mixes, cereals, and breads, among other items.
  • (Boston Globe)
  • After coming to San Francisco in 2009 to be an artist, Scheffer embarked on her gluten-free baking career out of -- what else -- romance. I had a crush on someone who was gluten-free, and I was trying to woo him, she laughs.
  • (SF Weekly (blog))

No comments:

Post a Comment